Hi Martin,

> I had been contacting OS/2 developers that no longer support their software
> and asked them to open source their software. Sometime I have luck,
> sometimes not, but I have been consolidating the source code on Github for
> some years now.
> https://github.com/os2world

I did similar for some DOS software, but didn't create a collection.
I think, it must have been around 10 to 20 titles, mostly small tools, IIRC.

> 1) I was wondering if in the DOS or FreeDOS community had been any similar
> effort.

I don't know about anything coordinated.

> 2) I also want to know if there some sites or a general community site like
> a wiki with a catalog of open source, close source, new, old  DOS software.

None that I know of.

> I know there are several sites of DOS games, but it seem there are no much
> sites that their goal is to have the DOS applications catalog.

Expect it to be a tremendously comprehensive task for years.

> For example I have one created for but OS/2 on a MediaWiki
> (https://www.os2world.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Software)

Looks impressive.

I already thought about something like that several month ago, but still
didn't start, because I still didn't define the scope:
- I wanted to start with the shareware archives, e.g., SimTel.Net.
- I had the idea of creating it in German language only, because that's
my native language.

So far, I just setup an empty PmWiki installation. (In contrast to
MediaWiki, PmWiki needs no database. It stores anything in text files.)

> My interest is OS/2 but I want to know if there are some similar efforts on
> the DOS community to see if we can join some efforts.

Would be nice, but as of today nobody else seems to care.
But maybe I'll start it anyway.

Cheers,
Robert
--