On 22/08/2020 07:29, Jim Hall wrote:
Sounds like what you need is the zipfix tool. I think PKware had pkzipfix? Check for that and run it. That tool will check for errors in your zip files.

From the little information OP provided, I'd guess that the issue might be rather related to missing LFN support - either in pkunzip or in her system, while the text files stored inside the zip archives may use long filenames or contain some unusual symbols (spaces...).

Another possibility is that the zip files store subdirectories with a slash (/) instead of the legacy backslash symbol. InfoZip processes such entries gracefully, no idea about pkunzip.

Mateusz