Thanks for the dictionary definition, but I think you missed the point
here.  mTCP != WATTCP, and I have no interest in WATTCP.  WATTCP is a
library and a set of programs from many contributors while mTCP is all my
work.  Being compatible with something that I originally had no knowledge
of an no interest in is not a reasonable expectation.  Except for the 32
bit version I generally find the WATTCP based apps to be horribly out of
date and wildy varying in quality, which is why I keep writing my own
versions.

Others have provided small utilities to let WATTCP apps use the mTCP DHCP
program.  I think that is a reasonable solution given the history.

On a more positive note (which I think we all need) reinventing the wheel
is fun.  Competition is part of a healthy ecosystem.  We're all scratching
some sort of itch by continuing to use DOS and do retro programming.

Next up for mTCP - IPv6, a lighter/smaller web server, and a Telnet BBS.
The Telnet BBS was the actual origins of the whole project; I wrote my
Netcat, Telnet client and FTP client as proofs of concept that got a bit
out of hand.  One day I'm going to get back to the BBS, which exists but
needs to be rewritten - I've learned a lot in the last 10 years.

I'm also thinking about a network drive for DOS.  EtherFlop is intriguing
but I really want to go with something over UDP so that it is routable on a
network and can be hosted on the server side by a Windows or a Linux
machine.  While my x86 assembly language is reasonable in small doses I'm
still working my way up to TSRs, which are a lot harder to debug than the C
programs I've been writing.  (And I might not go the TSR route.  A shell
would be fine except for the extra memory consumption.)

-Mike