If you update your website; make sure you keep it open to
old computers like mine. Update tend to lock out old
computers like mine.

cheers
DS

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 16:52:51 -0600 Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> writes:
> Hi everyone
>
> I'm thinking about making a few changes to the FreeDOS website. But
> I don't
> want this to be "just another makeover" that makes things pretty.
> Instead,
> I'm looking for what you will find useful.
>
> I'm thinking of a few things already:
>
> *1. Update the wiki*
> The wiki is arguably part of the FreeDOS website, and people go
> there if
> they can't find the information they are looking for on the rest of
> the
> site. It seems most people use the website to download FreeDOS,
> check the
> latest news, find links, and get general information. But if they
> are
> looking for a "how-to" or other documentation, they look to the wiki
> for
> that.
>
> As I mentioned in the get-together today, the wiki is out of date.
> The wiki
> started as docs we kept in the SourceForge site-wide wiki. When SF
> stopped
> running a site-wide wiki, they gave all projects an export of their
> data
> and instructions for how to set up their own MediaWiki. I don't know
> MediaWiki, but I was able to follow the instructions to set up the
> wiki we
> have now.
>
> The setup works, but it's really hard for me to do basic "admin"
> things
> like add new editors. So I need to update that.
>
> An updated wiki will make it easier to provide up-to-date
> documentation and
> "how-to" instructions.
>
> *2. Make it easy to share stuff*
> Sometimes it would be nice to share a news item with Twitter or
> other
> social media. I'm working on an update to the News system that will
> provide
> "share" buttons to share a news item on Twitter, Facebook, and
> LinkedIn.
> I'd also like to include Reddit.
>
> As a bonus, this update also makes this easier to manage on the
> back-end.
>
> *3. Make the front page more welcoming*
> The front page is a quick "landing page" for people to learn about
> FreeDOS.
> It's not bad, but could be better. I'm planning to embed the latest
> FreeDOS
> video on the front, since the videos are about *things you can do
> with
> FreeDOS* or *showing off neat features in FreeDOS*, so I think the
> video
> will help. I'll also make the screenshots smaller so they don't take
> up so
> much of the screen.
>
> I also want to make it easier to start downloading FreeDOS right
> from the
> [...]

Dominion Goes After Giuliani in Massive New $1.3B Lawsuit
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/600ee7ab5c60e67ab6035st04duc1
In Moderna's Good News, One 'Ominous' Finding
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/600ee7ab8057a67ab6035st04duc2
Huckabee Sanders Enters Race, Hits 'Radical Left'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/600ee7aba4f6467ab6035st04duc3