On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 12:31:13AM +0100, Tomas By wrote:

> I can see some other fairly ridiculous possibilities, like installing
> it somewhere else and copying the directory, but is there no way to do
> it directly in Freedos?

It's not FreeDOS' fault; it's programmers' fault. I mean the one, who
created the INSTALL.EXE program -- that instead of asking a question like
"Insert disk B into drive A: or type name of drive/subdirectory containing
that disk('s contents)" assumed that the user will use just single floppy
drive during installation.

It's actually pretty usual if you're trying to install some old software.
"Back in the day" the world without floppy drives was beyond comprehension,
it seems
--
regards,
Zbigniew