Long time ago, I had an orinoco card that was 802.11b that was supposed to
work with DOS.  Could never get it to work, eventually threw it out in
frustration.

Some very good and interesting suggestions have been made.  However, I
believe the cheapest/easiest may be a simple wireless bridge.  An old
tplink wr841n can make a good bridge.

For my laptop, I bought an old IOGear GWU627.  (I have a handful of small
bridges - that one boot the fastest)  Plug it in the ethernet, usb for
power, duct tape it together and there you have it: Wireless DOS with
Lynx.
(or links, or telnet, or ftp, ect)