On 4/14/2021 8:54 AM, Liam Proven wrote:

  Reality is, Windows 95 dos and Windows 98SE DOS is not really dos per se
Wrong.
Actually, in that part, Michael was correct. And as people like you seem to pushing that old myth of "Windows 9x runs on top of DOS", one of my next projects when I find time will be to come up with the definitive proof for that...

  and Windows ME DOS is definitely a weird hybrid that is way different from
all previous versions of MS-DOS that Microsoft created.
Wrong.
Well, basically see above. Windows ME doesn't depend on "DOS" just as much (or little) as Windows 9x does, and they removed one additional stop from the boot process to make it even less dependent...

Ralf