All of the reasons that Thomas voiced, and to that I add control.  I want to automatically save files where I want them, not expecting a worker to go to "documents' then choose amongst various "folders" to find the correct one, which sometimes is not. We use WordStar for DOS and FoxPro for DOS.  We only use Quattro Pro for accounting files that are before about 1990. Searching for files or info inside files is fast.

Games are not an issue.

I think I about covered it.  Oh, yes, it was an improvement over CP/M amd TRS-DOS.  Another one-there were written manuals, many of which I still have.

John