On 27/04/2021 18:00, Michał Dec wrote:
Hey I was wondering if it would make sense to step up FreeDOS to actually you know, be bootable under UEFI ;) The CPUs still got support for real mode so we should be fine.

Being able to boot is only the tip of the iceberg here. Without a working BIOS (ie. working INT 13h, INT 10h etc interfaces) neither DOS nor most DOS application will be able to function.

A functional solution would be to provide something that emulates a BIOS (video, storage, memory areas...) over UEFI. But at this point one could just as well run FreeDOS into an emulator.

Mateusz