On Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 08:40:25AM -0700, Andrew wrote:

> Ive installed different operating systems on the two hdds I have, over 15
> times in total between them all. Every time DOS and 98 installs fine,
> freedos always gives the same error. And if I boot from bios to cd to hdd,
> freedos also works, but I cant do that on i486 computer because it doesnt
> have cd or floppy drive working. So I know it isnt random/ hardware
> problem, like faulty hard drive. The OSes work fine.

You wrote in your initial post about "warnings" FreeDOS is giving you; so
it's clear to me: you've got hardware-related problem. System reported it
has trouble while trying to access your disk. Maybe something wrong with
your LBA settings (Normal/Large/LBA in BIOS)?

Anyway I would try a different drive/cable pair first
--
regards,
Zbigniew