Okay, thank you. The problem is that my friend is 350km away and we cannot
make LAN party. There are some articles and even some Raspberry Pi project
on Github for this. And it is also COVID safe solution for LAN party :-)

I had some success with Retrozilla on W98SE. Even some VNCViewer solution
with remote download would be nice. The jumping around and switching
machines when you forget some patch or driver is not convenient. Although I
just acquired ZIP250 drives for that purpose (five of them, one with USB
for modern PC) as Ethernet RJ45 is not always possible when fixing some
issue.

Samba in Freedos is already working for me together with Windows 10
(MSCLIENT). Of course the security is lesser. I have nice solution with
Asus RT AC87 router, where you can connect USB driver and create SMB share
out of it. It works as fast workaround. Of course FTP or SFTP would be much
better for some cases. Advantage of SMB is you can run app directly from
netdrive or mount image over the network, which is not possible with FTP.

I installed DosLFN tools and it complains about default FreeDOS codepage,
so I need to change that. I will try dir /lfn. It would be nice to have
some DOS Navigator / Commander with LFN support built in. Visual
representation is always easier for me than remembering the tree structure
on every machine.

These were just my ideas for some articles in the future.