Thanks, Frank:

...while looking for some existing "LPT port redirection software"
for DOS, I've first found this proggie:
I have tried using that. But I found its documentation limited! And I have not been able to get printing done thereby.

It's a little TSR in .COM format that installs in memory, captures
any printing on LPT1 (done using the BIOS printing service at INT
17h) into a chunk of XMS memory and upon another invocation, can dump
the captured data into a file. So it does not write the file in the
background...
I thought that the documentation claimed it rewrote the file that I was trying to print!

It does write the file in the background and opens the file in
"append" mode.

I'm gonna try it, hopefully later today.
Thank you for your continuing efforts.
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/