On Sat, Jul 3, 2021 at 10:56 AM Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I hope you enjoyed the month-long article series on Opensource.com,
> about FreeDOS. Here are the articles that ran this week, as June
> wrapped up:
>[..]

Curious about the top FreeDOS articles on Opensource.com? Some were
*really hot* and others had about an average number of views for other
articles that run on Opensource.com. In the top 10 FreeDOS articles,
the first 5 were *hot* (they ranked among the "most read" for all
Opensource.com articles that ran in June) and the next 5 either did
really well or were "average."

1. Interview about FreeDOS
2. Get started with FreeDOS
3. FreeDOS commands for Linux fans
4. Why I love programming on FreeDOS with GW-BASIC
5. How to use FreeDOS as an embedded system

6. Program on FreeDOS with Bywater BASIC
7. Use this nostalgic text editor on FreeDOS [Edlin]
8. How to program in C on FreeDOS
9. How FreeDOS boots
10. Install FreeDOS without the installer

I can see stats for my articles on CloudSavvy IT, and the FreeDOS
article is doing really well there. It would fit between #3 and #4 on
the Opensource.com list.

When articles do really well on tech news sites like Opensource.com
and CloudSavvy IT, it encourages these and other sites to run other
articles on the same topic. So if anyone here would like to write
their own "how-to" articles about how to use FreeDOS, I encourage you
to write. People out there are reading articles about FreeDOS in 2021.
(If anyone wants to learn about writing for websites, email me
off-list.)

Jim