Eric,
posting this reply on list, since I am sure writing me privately without permission was a mistake on your part.
Karen

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 21:45:35 +0200
From: Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de>
To: Karen Lewellen <klewel...@shellworld.net>
Subject: Re: Accessing real floppy drive after booting the LiveCD

Hi Karen,

as far as I understand, the physical drive is a 360k drive,
while the BIOS only supports 1.2M and newer drives. Also,
the harddisk already has Linux and Windows. The challenge
is to boot DOS from a separate boot medium and get it to
access the 360k drive. Exilas managed to boot from CD in
"harddisk image" easter egg mode to access A: at all, but
the mismatch in drive type still blocked further progress,
as far as I understood. But I think we can wait until Exilas
replies to your mail on the list: I may have misunderstood
the physical setup.

Regards, Eric

Hi Eric, everyone.
I admit to having a challenge picturing the problem.
If this  5.25 drive is physically  installed, it should? be shoring up
in your BIOS letting you at least perhaps  impact how it is designated.
Otherwise,I do agree with Eric, regardless of your boot location and
sequence, the drive should just move up a letter, if not automatically
either  a or b..which may be where I am stuck.
At the most  basic level, what is the drive letter for the 5.25 drive now?
Karen