On Sun, Nov 7, 2021 at 12:32 PM E. Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:

> Hi! Forwarding from the BTTR forum - note that some source code
> still contains the following header, which could be problematic:
>
> "Please contact with the author (with me) if you want to use
> or modify this source."
>
> Also note that in the announcement quoted below, I have removed
> changes which only affect the Windows version. So depending on
> whether you use the DOS, Windows or other versions, you can get
> even more cool things by updating :-) I am not sure whether the
> DOS version also uses the new FFmpeg library. Either way, check
> out the update. Still plays audio even on AC97 and HDA in DOS :-)
>[..]

Thanks for sharing, Eric. I've posted a news item on the website and
shared it on Twitter.

Unfortunate that MPXPLAY still uses the non-standard license with the
extra term that limits how people can use the source code. I'd love to
see a release without that term.

For those who are curious, the "license" (such as it is) is in the
mpxplay.c file:

//**************************************************************************
//*                     This file is part of the                           *
//*                      Mpxplay - audio player.                           *
//*                  The source code of Mpxplay is                         *
//*        (C) copyright 1998-2015 by PDSoft (Attila Padar)                *
//*                http://mpxplay.sourceforge.net                          *
//*                  email: mpxp...@freemail.hu                            *
//*  This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,       *
//*  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of        *
//*  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.                  *
//*  Please contact with the author (with me) if you want to use           *
//*  or modify this source.                                                *

Jim