On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 12:24 PM Ralf Quint <freedos...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/17/2021 2:32 PM, Jim Hall wrote:
>
> Hi everyone!
>
> Every month, we do a virtual get-together. It's a great opportunity to see
> each other "in person" and get to know each other a little better.
>
> The virtual get-togethers are on the third Sunday every month. And that's
> this coming Sunday, 21 November, at 11am US/Central. (Use your favorite
> timezone converter to find your local time.)
>
> We alternate the topics every month, switching between "technical" topics
> one month, and "social time" the next month. For November, it's social
> time. Join us on the virtual get-together to hang out and catch up!
>
> I'll share the link on Sunday when the meeting starts up. I'll also post
> it on Twitter, on Facebook, and on the website.
>
> Any possibility to post that link a few minute before the planned start of
> the meeting? For some reason, it always takes me 5-10 minutes to actually
> connect... :(
>
> thanks,
>
> Ralf

Will do! I'll share the link here probably 30 minutes before the meeting.

If I post a URL to an open video meeting *days* before the meeting, hackers
will be knocking on the door trying to use it. And then BlueJeans will
likely deactivate the link due to spam (they did that last time, or was it
the time before that?) So I don't want to post it too early. But I'll do it
that morning, before the meeting is due to start.