---- Activé mar., 29 mars 2022 14:38:06 -0400 John Vella
<mailto:john.ve...@gmail.com> écrit ----

Hi,

So, I've got the 486 computer working and am ready to install freedos and
wordperfect.

I'm thinking there are a couple of advantages to installing onto a virtualbox
machine, then formatting the physical hard drive and copying the contents over.

[Post thinking]
I did not follow your previous situation.
The obvious problem is the media... 486 unlikely to have CD... USB keys?
Is wordperfect on floppies? Then transfering them to floppy images would be
better to keep them long.
[just don't know... End post thinking]

It sound a bit harder to me than just installing on the 486.

You would have to choose a raw format for the virtual hard drive.
Surely doable in QEmu... I am a bit less sure for others.
I would not format the hard drive because the virtual disk would be partitioned
and formated.
Then for copying I would try to use dd command in a very light 32 bit Linux...
but I am unsure how you want to do it.