Hi,

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 9:38 AM Gabriele Barbone <yomed...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi dosbox-x can run on Windows XP SP3? I have a old pc

Not sure, I think?? they still provide XP-compatible versions
alongside newer Windows versions. BUT! It does run atop FreeDOS with
the included HX files.  ;-)

(quoting the website):

"If you need Windows XP support, you can use either the 32-bit Visual
Studio builds or the 32-bit MinGW low-end builds (but not the standard
MinGW builds). You may also want to use one of the MinGW builds if you
encounter specific problem(s) with the Visual Studio builds (such as
floating point precision issues)."

"Yes, DOSBox-X can officially run on DOS systems as well ... The
HX-DOS package allows you to run DOSBox-X in a real DOS system (MS-DOS
5.0+ or compatible) with the help of the freely-available HX DOS
Extender, which is already included in the recent DOS release
packages."