On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 1:29 PM Jose Senna <jasse...@mail.com> wrote:

>   Please, how did you render TeX format in the PC then ?

The usual way, I guess? You run LaTeX to turn a *.tex file into a
*.dvi file (dvi = device independent). EmTeX had a program that would
print a *.dvi file to an Epson dot matrix printer, which is what I
did. I recall there was a "high quality" version and a "low quality"
version. I might print a low quality version of my document, make
final edits, then print a high quality version. If you wanted to
preview a document before printing it, there was a program to do that
too.

Downloading a few zip files from EmTeX and taking a quick look, I
think dvidot printed a *.dvi file to a dot matrix printer, and dviscr
displayed a *.dvi file to the screen.

It's the same idea to how you'd use LaTeX today. If you're running
LaTeX on a Linux system, you might convert a *.dvi file to a *.pdf
file using dvipdf, or to a *.ps file (for printing to a PostScript
laser printer) using dvips.