Hi,

I don't think any 1980s DOS computing experience is complete without thinking about Bulletin Board Services and the "big" online services.

Yes, I agree with you. I think BBSes were an important aspect of the DOS computing experience in the 1980s and early 1990s. Incidentally, I just found an old article from BYTE's January 1990 which discusses the "State Of The BBS Nation" (Online can it be read at https://vintageapple.org/byte/pdf/199001_Byte_Magazine_Vol_15-01_Byte_Awards.pdf). In the late 1980s I was the "sysop" ("System Operator") of two Swiss BBSes based on DOS software and I really loved managing them.

Cleto

--
GeeksCave.com