Hi!

Why a typewriter? Because where I write, I don’t have electricity (!).

Well there always is sun and photovoltaics...

What type of text input hardware would you like, given that you dislike the current style of keyboards? Apart from sliding a pen over an on-screen keyboard? Is your goal to enter text quickly? Maybe learn to Velotype :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velotype

The estimated energy consumption of a Google search query is 0.0003 kWh (1.08
kJ). The estimated energy consumption of a ChatGPT-4 query is 0.001-0.01 kWh
(3.6-36 kJ)
[...]
That means a single GPT query consumes 1,567%, or 15 times more energy

But 36 / 1.08 would even be 33, not 15?

Every first letter of a new sentence appears with a lower case letter.

Autocorrect could fix that.

The road map of FreeDOS seems to me include compatibility with advancing
storage devices.
And USB devices such as printers. Maybe networking.

I think it already does support printers and WIRED networking. For
wireless, you can use a small external device as a proxy. Note that
some printers are not smart enough and have to be fed pixel data,
for which DOS drivers usually are not available and not planned,
but printers understanding plain text or PDF are easily available.

You can connect printers using USB, printer port or network. And you can again use small external devices as proxy, or even adapter cables, to make more combinations work with DOS.

Regards, Eric