Hi, After a long and rather painful battle with bug reports, revision systems, and general confusion, I think I have succeeded in bringing the svn/ directory of freefont up to date with the sources in the Debian ttf-freefont package.
I have set a CVS symbolic tag in the .svn files, named DEBIAN_MERGE_2008 The method was: first to bring freefont back to where the split occurred with Debian. This involved removal of two commits (including the above casualty). Then I applied the patches 004_workaround-spacing-bug 006_remove-russian-sample 007_horizontal_spacing 008_georgian_d 009_freemono_really_mono 011_liga_to_dlig as listed in the 'series' file produced by ttf-freefont_20060501cvs-12.diff. One of the commits un-done was re-done by one of these patches. I made a diff of the other, and meant to apply it after. There has been a casualty. One patch by Denis Jacquerye, has been un-done, and although I made a diff, the patch has failed. I hope we can soon repair this some other way. RCS file: /sources/freefont/freefont/sfd/FreeSans.sfd,v revision 1.80 date: 2006-05-01 14:42:53 +0200; author: moyogo; state: Exp; lines: +72 -36; replaced U+2134 (I actually took the time to test the patch application on a second copy, and there it worked. I don't know why this failed) With this merge, it should be possible to continue unhindered with Freefont development. Cheers!