Dear FreeGIS Community,

yesterday I switched the PayPal Sponsorhip link: The recipient
of payments is now the GAV e.V. (www.grass-verein.de), the
well known german organization for Free GIS Software founded in
2001.

Intevation GmbH is happy that we now arranged with GAV to have
them collect money and spend it for the benefit of Free GIS Software
and Free Geodata in general. GAV is independent and tax-exempt.

Over 90% of the overall FreeGIS database content has been managed
by GAV members in the past. So, now that GAV started to offer financial
handling for Free GIS Software/Data activities (e.g. FOSSGIS 2007 in Berlin),
it was a logical step for Intevation to hand over the FreeGIS sponsorship.

***
  Please take this opportunity to sponsor FreeGIS/GAV with any arbitrary amount!
***

You may meet and learn more about GAV (i.e. active members) in real life in the
near
future at FOSS4G (e.g. Markus Neteler is one of the GAV founding members)
and at Intergeo fairs in Leipzig/Germany (there will be a GAV booth at the
Open Source Park).

Best regards

        Jan