Dear all,

We're happy to announce the release of Hibernate Spatial 1.0.

Hibernate Spatial is a generic extension to the Hibernate Object/ Relational Mapping tool for Java. It abstracts away from the specific way your database supports geographic data, and provides a standardized, cross-database interface to geographic data storage and query functions.

Hibernate Spatial supports most of the functions of the OGC Simple Feature Specification. Currently, it supports Oracle 10g/11g, Postgresql/Postgis, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and MySQL.

You can download the library from our download page and learn how to use it in our tutorial. For Maven users there is a quickstart guide.

Regards,

Karel Maesen
Geovise BVBA