On 04/11/2018 12:04 AM, RM RM via FreeIPA-devel wrote:
Hello, is there a feature to perform a realm / primary domain change?  I looked
around but couldn't find anything.  Given all the complexity with kerberos and
other components that would need to be updated, this feature would be really
welcome!

Thanks!

Hi,

We have a migration tool [1] that would allow you to migrate user and group entries, but it does not handle the other objects (sudo, HBAC, DNS...). A RFE is already tracking this request for FreeIPA-to-FreeIPA migration [2]. The procedure for the missing objects would be to export the LDIF from the previous FreeIPA instance, select the entries to be migrated, update the attributes and import the new LDIF to the new instance.

Flo

[1] https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/linux_domain_identity_authentication_and_policy_guide/migrating_from_a_directory_server_to_ipa

[2] https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/3656