On ke, 16 touko 2018, Alexander Bokovoy via FreeIPA-devel wrote:
On ti, 15 touko 2018, Rob Crittenden via FreeIPA-devel wrote:
I can't submit new builds to Fedora from master because a change was
made to the provider of /usr/share/ipa in freeipa-common.

This sub-package is also built for client-only installs but nothing is
creating /usr/share/ipa so packaging fails (and/or freeipa.template will
be missing)

I tried to work around it by excluding it from the client-only build but
then the package is different by architectures:

BuildError: The following noarch package built differently on different
architectures: freeipa-client-common-4.6.90.pre2-2.fc29.noarch.rpm
rpmdiff output was:
error: cannot open Packages index using db5 - Permission denied (13)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
removed     /usr/share/ipa/freeipa.template

The commit that moved this is ce3819c3b7fdb511b7e4c38a365629a187d65f75

I think this might require more careful thought than me just moving
stuff around until it builds.
Indeed. I didn't consider it when acking the patch. However, I think we
can have /usr/share/ipa/ in freeipa-common and only add some bits that
are server-specific in the server subpackage. I can look at this today.
Took me a while. Hopefully, should be fixed in rawhide and F28 builds.
Upstream changes are in https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/1931

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer