On ke, 27 kesä 2018, Andrey Bychkov via FreeIPA-devel wrote:
Hello!

I'm thinking of adding a separate modules, which will contain all the functions for working with the time and date server. Namely:

1. Will be create a file ntpserverconf.py in the ipaserver/install/ directory. This file will contain configurations and methods for configuring the time server and synchronization. The methods from this file will be called when you install the server (ipaserver/install/server/install.py). 2. Will be create the ntpclientconf.py file in the ipaclient/install/ directory. This file will contain methods for synchronizing the client with the server, which will be called from ipaclient/install/client.py
3. Will be add support for ntpd and openntpd time servers
4. Will be add a mechanism for selecting the server configuration, depending on what is present in the system
5. Also, can make packages for each time server with its dependencies.

This will ensure the operation of the freeipa on platforms with different time servers and will simplify the addition of support for the new servers.
What can you say about this?
I think we need a design document on freeipa.org that explains these
changes in detail now, given that you submitted a pull request that
implements the above.

A practical need is to allow not packaging mechanisms that are not
relevant to a specific platform. E.g. if Fedora only needs chronyd and
ALTLinux needs openntpd, they may choose to avoid shipping anything
else.

Let me know your account on the wiki to mark it as able to create a
design page.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer