On Fri, 20 Dec 2019, Dinesh Prasanth Moluguwan Krishnamoorthy wrote:
On Fri, 2019-12-20 at 11:48 +1000, Fraser Tweedale via FreeIPA-devel
wrote:
On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 05:17:05PM +0200, Alexander Bokovoy via
FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks to the recent changes done by Dinesh(master[1] and ipa-4-
> 8[2]),
> it is now possible to have continuous rebuild of FreeIPA master and
> ipa-4-8 branches using COPR repositories.
>
> We now have @freeipa/freeipa-master-nightly[3] to continuously
> track git
> master branch. Every time there is a commit made upstream in the
> master
> branch and synchronized to FreeIPA GitHub mirror, COPR will do a
> rebuild
> of the git master for Fedora 31 and Rawhide on x86_64, i686,
> aarch64,
> and ppc64le.
>
> We also have @freeipa/freeipa-4.8-nightly[4] to continuously track
> git
> ipa-4-8 branch. Every time there is a commit made upstream in the
> master
> branch and synchronized to FreeIPA GitHub mirror, COPR will do a
> rebuild
> of the git master for Fedora 31 and Rawhide on x86_64, i686,
> aarch64,
> and ppc64le.
>
> Each repository page has explanation how to use the COPRs. There
> will
> probably be some delay before actual packages will appear in the
> repositories as we haven't had any merges upstream done yet since
> I've
> set up the tracking process.
>
> I also cleaned up @freeipa/freeipa-master[5] repository which is
> used for
> hosting temporary dependencies that might still be lacking in
> stable
> Fedora versions, not to provide FreeIPA rebuilds.

Thanks Alexander!

I'd like to clarify that putting freeipa builds in the
@freeipa/freeipa-master COPR is a MUST NOT.  Otherwise PR-CI will
install freeipa from @freeipa/freeipa-master instead of the RPMs
produced by the build job, and the actual changes from the PR are
not tested.

Greetings everyone,

The naming of the COPR repo was misleading and so, I assumed that it
mapped to master branch (like what PKI does). May be someone can add
this to the COPR's description? Sorry for any inconveniences caused!

It is there since the beginning. :)
"This is the official COPR repository for FreeIPA master branch
dependencies"

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer