Martin Nagy wrote:
On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 13:05 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
I goofed on the paths in the original patch I sent on this a while back. This corrects it.

I know it looks like we're creating 0-length files here but with the %ghost directive it won't create the files, just own them.

rob

Why do you create all the directories and 'touch' the files in the
%install section when we own them using %ghost? I'm not 100% sure, but I
believe this isn't required.

These files are created by ipa-server-install, we don't provide empty templates, but I don't want IPA to leave orphaned files.

In order to reference a file in %files, even with %ghost, the file needs to exist: http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/s1-rpm-inside-files-list-directives.html

What is the difference between /etc/ipa/ and /etc/httpd/conf.d/ ?

/etc/ipa holds configuration files for IPA (the server, admin tools, etc).

/etc/httpd/conf.d holds the IPA configuration file for Apache. So yes, we have 2 files named ipa.conf that do completely different things.