On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 10:17:21PM -0600, Jason Gerard DeRose wrote:
> To help ensure that my new UI patch wont break our daily builds, I've
> tried building it under Fedora 12 as it has python-assets and
> python-wehjit.  It builds fine, but when I kinit, I get this error:
>
> [r...@fedora12 ~]# kinit ad...@example.com
> Password for ad...@example.com:
> kinit: Looping detected inside krb5_get_in_tkt while getting initial
> credentials
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

This came up on the upstream list recently; I haven't reproduced it
myself, but it looks like it'll happen if you fail to preauthenticate in
a number of ways where the KDC doesn't return a more-specific error
code.

Does the database entry for ad...@example.com have keys in it?
Did you type the right password?
Is there anything in the KDC logs that provides more detail?
Do you have a packet capture?  The size and contents of the e-data
returned with the error can help narrow it down.

HTH,

Nalin