Do we have a procedure to follow when we want to add a new dependency on a package?

In this particular instance I would like to add a dependency on python-lxml to the ipaserver package. python-lxml is a python binding to the very popular and high performance libxml2 package by our own Daniel Veillard. FWIW there are already a lot of packages being shipped which depend on libxml2.

Why? We already have a need to parse xml and we're using minidom. However minidom has a lot of limitations, foremost amongst them is it's inability to parse HTML (it also lacks support for things like xpath). python-lxml gives us the ability to do things we need to do but is absent in minidom.

So are there any issues with pulling in libxml2 via python-lxml?

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/