Example output of migration plugin:

I have a DS server setup on a VM at 192.168.122.4 and I made a few tweaks to show how errors are reported.

# ipa migrate-ds ldap://192.168.122.4:389
Password:
Enter password again to verify:
-----------
migrate-ds:
-----------
Migrated:
  users: pzuna, mnagy
  groups: skupina1, skupina2, skupina3
Errors:
user: mnagy: Kerberos principal mn...@pzuna already exists. Use 'ipa user-mod' to set it manually.
  group: accounting managers: This entry already exists
  group: hr managers: This entry already exists
  group: qa managers: This entry already exists
  group: pd managers: This entry already exists
Passwords have been migrated in pre-hashed format. IPA is unable to generate Kerberos keys unless provided with clean text passwords. All migrated users need to login at http://your.domain/ipa/migration/ before they can use their Kerberos accounts.

I didn't try it yet, but this might also work for IPAv1->IPAv2 migration.

Pavel