John Dennis wrote:
On 11/30/2009 05:31 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
When one does an IPA server uninstall we currently leave the
configuration files in /etc/ipa and the Apache configuration in
/etc/httpd/conf.d/. I'm thinking we should remove these files when we do
an uninstall. Any objections?

I agree these should be removed. But shouldn't this be handled by rpm? In other words shouldn't the files be %ghost and marked as %config?

They are currently ghosted but that is more for protecting them between rpm upgrades on an existing server than for removing them when the package is uninstalled. In fact, they aren't removed when you remove the package (to preserve any custom changes).