John Dennis wrote:
On 12/01/2009 11:19 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
An extremely basic test for the cert plugin. Only tests the cert-request
command but it's a start.

I think the test should also check for the correct return type. For instance shouldn't

assert res['subject'] == 'CN=ipatestcert.greyoak.com'

by followed (or preceded by)

assert type(res['subject']) is unicode

Also, is this going to deprecate checks/check_ra.py?

Ah, excellent point. What it probably really should do is call xmlrpc_test.assert_attr_equal() which should do the unicode enforcement. If we need additional types we can add an expected type argument, defaulting to unicode.

I'm reluctant to tackle this just yet with Jason's big patch looming. It contains a bunch of changes to the test infrastructure to handle the new return values. Perhaps I'll shelve this patch for a few days until we can get his patch committed, then rebase this and add in the type enforcement and resubmit.