Pavel Zuna wrote:
Ok, here's the latest version of IPA to DS migration "suite".

It includes the following:
- A fix for a name collision in textui, Jason's big patch added a second method named print_entry. Nobody noticed there was one already. - Patch to the ipa-pwd-extop plugin to allow adding entries with pre-hashed password if migration mode is enabled. - BIND pre-operation plugin to generate Kerberos keys on simple BIND's if missing.
- Migration plugin.
- Option in config plugin to enable/disable migration mode.
- Password migration page.

what has changed since the last version:
- LDAP backend is used to connect to DS, no more low level python-ldap calls. - The plugin checks if migration is enabled and gives direction on how to enable it. - The plugin can now be extended to support other objects than just users and groups. You just need to create an LDAPObject and add it's name along with a search filter (to find the objects in DS) and optionaly callbacks to handle special cases. There's some inline documentation.
- LDAP URI validation.
- Better error messages.
- Fixed typos.

The migration won't be easy to test, so tomorrow I'll setup 2 VMs on the blades. One with IPA + migration "suite" and one with DS along with some scripts to generate objects that I used for testing.

Using the migration plugin is really easy, you just point it to the DS server and enter the directory manager password.

Pavel

ack, pushed to master