On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 18:55 -0500, John Dennis wrote:
> I constantly find identical code spread across multiple files. Is there
> a reason for this code duplication? (Perhaps trying to keep import name
> spaces isolated?)
>
> It seems to me code duplication is bad software practice for obvious
> reasons.
>
> If there isn't a compelling design justification for the duplication can
> we start moving some of this stuff to common libraries?

John, where's the duplication you're talking about?  We know there's a
lot of lingering duplication between the legacy code from v1 (ipapython,
the installer) and the new plugable v2 code (ipalib, ipaserver).  We've
slowly been migrating away from this legacy code, but the process
obviously isn't yet complete.

AFAIK, there isn't really any duplication within the v2 code itself, but
if you've spotted some, I'd like to know about it.