Stephen Gallagher wrote:

On 02/19/2010 10:32 AM, Jason Gerard DeRose wrote:
I want to make our development process more easily automated and
repeatable, so I started on this script to install all the packages a
person would likely need to hack on the server.  I'm using this to
bootstrap fresh VMs.

Plus this lowers the barrier for new developers.

FYI, on Fedora and similar one can also do:
yum-builddep <SRPM> and it will automatically pull in any build
dependencies listed in the SRPM.

Alternately, 'yum-builddep --enablerepo=ipa-devel ipa-server' will also
accomplish this (assuming they have the development repo in their yum
configuration)

I think directing people to use this will prove easier than trying to
maintain this script separate from the RPM spec.

It would also probably be easy to parse the RPM spec itself to
accomplish this.

Well, it probably isn't very convenient to build from srpm but getting BuildRequires works well:

# yum install rpm-build `grep "^BuildRequires" ipa.spec.in | awk '{ print $2 }' | grep -v "^/"`