Pavel Zuna wrote:
Rob Crittenden wrote:
Pavel Zuna wrote:
Rob Crittenden wrote:
Pavel Zuna wrote:
We talked about this on yesterdays quick server call.

Here's what the messages look like:

# ipa user-show idontexist
ipa: ERROR: idontexist: user not found

# ipa group-show idontexist
ipa: ERROR: idontexist: group not found

# ipa automountmap-add idontexist somemap
ipa: ERROR: idontexist: automount location not found

All subclasses of LDAPObject can override these of course. And no, it's not hardcoded for 'idontexist'. :)

Pavel
Oups, accidentally left some debugging output in there, sorry. :) New patch attached.

Pavel

I don't think the try/except in LDAPUpdate around ldap.get_entry() after the record has been updated is quite right. I guess it is probably a good idea to catch it but if it is not found it means that the entry was deleted after successfully updating it but before we could pull it again to display it. To be honest, I'm not sure >what< we should do here, but I'm not sure NotFound is the right thing :-)

This seems like a mid-air collision. I wonder if we should add a special exception for this. Not sure what the user would do with it but we should warn them at least.
Good idea. I think raising midair collision exception with a special message saying what happened should be enough. We can always add a new exception for it later.

rob

Pavel

This looks like the same patch, was it updated?

rob
I accidentally attached the old patch, sorry.

Pavel

ack, pushed to master