On 08/25/2010 07:57 AM, Pavel Zůna wrote:
On 2010-08-25 13:54, Pavel Zůna wrote:
First off: I know I promised this patch yesterday, but I just didn't
make it - I felt asleep on the keyboard and there were still some things
to fix. :)

This patch has some of the most important things, that we discussed on
Tuesday last week, namely:

- Add/Remove links are now only available for multivalue
attributes (Param.multivalue = true) and attributes with param
types, that are multivalue by definition (as of now only List).
Single-value attributes with no value are displayed as empty
input elements.
- When updating an attribute, leading and trailing spaces are
stripped
- Context help available in the form of hints, that are extracted
form Param.hint.

I know there was more, but the rest of it is related to specific
attribute (it doesn't affect details pages for all objects) and will be
in another patch.

Most of this won't show at the moment, because meta-data is still
missing for a lot of attributes, that we display in the webUI.

For testing on the user page, you can add the title attribute to
takes_params in the user class, e.g.:

takes_params = (
Str('title',
cli_name='title',
label=_('Title'),
hint=_('Enter job or academic title.'),
multivalue=true, # just to test the multivalue functionality
),
# ...
)

For testing in using the lite-server, I suggest you modify
install/static/sampledata/metadata.js.

By the way, the patch modifies details.js and ipa.css, so it should go
smoothly with Adam's patch n.0015.

Pavel

One more thing I forgot to mention:
The patch is a bit inflated, because it fixes quite a lot of places were tabs and spaces got mixed together.

Pavel

ACK

In the future, please do not continue the template approach, and instead use JQuery to build the tags.