On 08/30/2010 12:48 PM, Pavel Zůna wrote:
On 2010-08-30 16:01, Adam Young wrote:
THis patch usese the protocol part of the URL to decide whether or not
to use sample data. Thus,

file: -> use sample data

http:, https: -> Don't.

This will prevent the use of sample data in the lite-server.
It also reduces by one the number of page requests back to the server
upon page load.

ACK
for now, but read comment below.

I would rather see the useSampleData assignment outside of ipa.js. Same argument as I used with DetailsForm in details.js on IRC last week. It's a project specific thing and files, that implement interfaces starting with "ipa_", are meant to be independent of everything except the core library (ipalib). I'm going to start a new discussion on the list about this. Acking for now, because we can always move the code later, and I don't want to slow things down.

Pavel

Pavel, here's where I am going:

sampledata strings will go away. We will instead compose the path to the sample data based on the same scheme we use to compose the method name. I will rename the files under /sampledata so that they match the names. Then, having all of this embedded inside ipa.js will mean we don't even have to apss the sampledata string in, and we can drop that parameter. We can make the path a global parameter, and that way this code really isn't specific to our application, just to talking to IPA.