Adam Young wrote:
> On 09/10/2010 10:24 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Dmitri Pal wrote:

>>> I think we need to run this by Ben and make sure we are in agreement.
>>> Is this blocking you?
>>>
>>> I do not like the ideas of DNS and Automount on the top level, sorry.
>>
>> I'm not sure about this either. I think that as the project continues
>> we'll quickly run out of room if we do this.
> Yeah, I don't either.  I was just offereing it as an alternative.
>

>>> May be we should look at the DNS zones (Z) and automount locations (L)
>>> in the following way:
>>> 1) The fist page you get two when you go for DNS or Automount is search
>>> for Z or L as in all other places. But...
>>> 2) At the beginning there are no Z or L so the code instead of
>>> displaying the search page will redirect user to the non modal "add Z"
>> > or "add L" page respectfully automatically.
>>
>> Actually there will always be both a Z and an L. The Z is created
>> when the server is installed, though we do probably need to handle
>> the case where all zones are deleted.
>>
>> Same for L. We provide one named "default".

Then it even reduces the logic to handling one and more than one and not
having to have case for 0.

>>> 3) If there is just one Z or L entry the search page will automatically
>>> redirect user to the Z or L contents page
>>> 4) On the Z or L content page we will have a button "add another Z" or
>>> "add another L". This will be the way to add second Z or L in the first
>>> place.
>>> 5) As soon as there are more than 1 Z or L the search page will present
>>> the list rather than do automatic redirect.
>
> That sounds pretty much like what I was recommending.  I think we are
> in "violent agreement"

We were in agreement from the very beginning. It is just that I tried to
use the wording that makes more sense for me and present the case in a
more algorithmic way.

>>> This seems to be a pretty logical and consistent approach.
>>> Now if we agree to this one it might make sense to consider doing the
>>> same thing for some of the objects that by default will not be
>>> prepopulated in the LDAP. For example netgroups or host groups. I am
>>> not
>>> sure it makes sense for users and groups since there will be at least
>>> one user and one group from the installation moment.
> Those cases are different, in that the searches will just return 0
> results.  I say we leave those as is.
>

>> The thing is this is like a .0001% case. You probably will ever only
>> see it once during an install. Assuming it doesn't take a lot of work
>> to do it I'm fine with it, otherwise the search box where there is
>> nothing to be found is fine by me.
> Agreed
>

>> rob

Thank you,