On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:44:53 -0400
Adam Young <ayo...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I've updated the page.  Bascially, I took the python coding standards
> and aaplied them to our code.  THis seems to be the path of least
> resistance.
>
> People used to Camel case will have to get used to underscores
>
> People used to putting underscores before private variables will go
> through withdrawal
>
> There is something here for everyone to learn.
>
> Please review and provide feedback.
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/wiki/Javascript_Coding_Standards

The examples of "More than one space around an assignment (or other)
operator to align it with another. " are undistinguishable from each
other, I guess using <pre></pre> in the markup around examples would be
useful :-)

I am not sure about:
    Between a function declaration and the opening brace:

        yes: function(){...} no: function() {...}

In C code we have a policy of never opening the brace on the function
declaration line, ie:
        function(arg) {
is bad while we recommend
        function(arg)
        {

Does this work for javascript ?

We also forbid putting more than one statement on the same line, but I
saw examples where you did do_one() do_two() do_three() on the same
line after a parens close ... was that intended or is it a
wiki formatting issue ?

We also banned C++ style comments in C code, /* */ is preferred and
should never be added on the same line of code but only on the previous
line.

The rest seems reasonable to me.

Simo.

--