On 09/17/2010 11:12 AM, John Dennis wrote:
On 09/17/2010 10:57 AM, Adam Young wrote:
On 09/17/2010 10:40 AM, John Dennis wrote:
On 09/17/2010 10:28 AM, Adam Young wrote:

Here’s a little ditty I wrote to et patches in the format we use for the
FreeIPA mailing list:

Attached is my python script to do something similar. It keeps all the
patches I've generated in a patch directory, numbers them, sends them
as a properly formatted email (optional).

Thanks, John.  I'll make it non 'John Dennis Specific' and post online,
if you don't mind.

Sure, no problem. I think the only jdennis stuff is in the config table, the thinking was someone else could just edit the default config values for their private copy. But if you were feeling ambitious maybe it could read the config from a .ini file in $HOME using Python's config parser module.

Also I noticed a cut-n-paste error in the usage function, the example was left over from something else, should be deleted.

Think I'll let you hack it, as I am not in Python mode at the moment:

Most of the values should be accessable from git config, or via reading the git config file

git config --get user.email

You can get the home directory from $HOME,
$HOME/.gitconfig

So I started playing with thuis, and you can do:

$ git config --add user.patchnum 5
$ git config --get user.patchnum
5