On 09/20/2010 10:19 AM, Adam Young wrote:
On 09/20/2010 10:07 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
And a small nit. The help for the argument says 2-character language
code. This ignores the language subtags (e.g. en-US).

If we get to the point that we are differentiating between en_US and
en_AS, we will have won this battle.  I'll update the Docs once we start
doing locale specific files!

FYI, I have seen i18n fail when the country code (i.e. dialect) is omitted and only the language code is used. One might expect simply setting the language code would be sufficient and a default country code would be selected by default but there seem to parts of the system which can't deal with this. I saw the problem when setting the LANG environment variable and glibc's locale function failed to work correctly. Not sure if the same problem would exist in GNU gettext when selecting the message catalog, but why take the chance?

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/