We check the resolver against the resolver and DNS against DNS but not the resolver against DNS so if something is wrong in /etc/hosts we don't catch it and nasty connection messages occur.

Also fix a problem where a bogus error message was being displayed because we were trying to close an unconnected LDAP connection.

ticket 327

Review this one carefully. It tested out ok on my relatively closed system but the implications are that you wouldn't be able to install at all or would have to pass --no-host-dns for installation to continue.

I tested by setting my own host entry in /etc/host to a bogus IP addr.