Rob Crittenden wrote:
Simo Sorce wrote:
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 09:35:17 -0400
Adam Young<ayo...@redhat.com>  wrote:

I'm not up to speed on this code. Why do a find right  after create?

I guess to pick up all attributes added automatically by DS, not sure
why it just is.

Simo.

Yes, that's exactly it. We have other autogenerated values (uid, gid) so we fetch the entry to be sure we are representing things as they are.
One enhancement we have discussed adding to 389 is a control sent with update operations - the control response would contain the values of generated attributes, to remove the need to immediately perform a search to get attributes such as uniqueid, uid, gid, createTimestamp, etc. Is this something IPA would be interested in? There has already been some discussion (a long time ago) on the 389 lists. afaik there is no LDAP proposed standard feature for this.