Jakub Hrozek wrote:

On 10/29/2010 08:45 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Jakub Hrozek wrote:

If I understand the code correctly, --all is not really a parameter that
affects only output, it also causes all attributes to be retrieved from
the server, so I have adjusted the description just a little.

--raw now mentions it only affects output.

nack, --all only affects output as well.

When I said that it doesn't only affect output, I was referring to this
part of baseldap.py:

if options.get('all', False):
    attrs_list = ['*']
else:
    attrs_list = list(self.obj.default_attributes)

I don't have strong feeling about this, but what I wanted to make clear
in the help message was that it /can/ have performance impact as the
ldap query is different. We can for instance have an object in LDAP that
has attribute containing user avatar binary blob or something like
that..in which case, --all would fetch it from the server, right?

But I agree that for user, this is 'behind the scenes', so I'm not
opposed to changing the string..new patch attached..

ack, pushed to master