On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 08:10:33AM -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:11:46 +0100
> Jakub Hrozek <jhro...@redhat.com> wrote:

> > On 11/10/2010 06:47 PM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> > > Please see attachment. The right fix would be to fix this in
> > > openldap, but I think we should have a workaround, at least for the
> > > time being. Much of the credit goes to Jan who helped me debug the
> > > issue.
> >
> > Sorry, the first patch had a small bug. New one attached.
>
> Jakub, I am surprised, I have the current code working on F14 w/o
> issues, why do you need to set also the CACERTDIR ?
>
> Simo.

How does your /etc/openldap/ldap.conf look like? On both of my test machines
(one of them F13, the other one F14) it contains:

---
URI ldap://127.0.0.1/
BASE dc=example,dc=com
TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts
---

I don't recall setting it manually, though..I suspect some package
scriptlet or authconfig..dunno yet.

With the above setting, installation on F14 fails for me during the very
last step:

---
Unable to set admin password Command '/usr/bin/ldappasswd -h
vm-061.idm.lab.bos.redhat.com -ZZ -x -D cn=Directory Manager -y
/var/lib/ipa/tmpWn1lsN -T /var/lib/ipa/tmp_7938z
uid=admin,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com'
returned non-zero exit status 1
---

When I ran ldappasswd with "-d -1", I could see TLS errors and
ldappasswd opened only /etc/openldap/cacerts.

Seeing the ldappasswd invocation working on F13 and not F14, I suspect that
CACERTDIR errorneously takes precedence over CACERT (maybe something to
do with the switch to NSS?). Putting CACERTDIR into the environment
fixed the issue for me..

    Jakub