On 11/19/2010 06:53 PM, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
On 11/19/2010 4:09 PM, Adam Young wrote:

This will not work with entities that do not have associated tabs, e.g. hbacsvc, hbacsvcgroups, sudocmd, sudocmdgroups. For these entities the IPA.tab_state() will return undefined, so the ipa_column_widget.setup() will fail.

To reproduce this problem, try clicking the search results in hbacsvc or hbacsvcgroups. For some reason it will bring you to the user search page.

We need to figure out the proper way to handle these entities. It probably requires framework modification.

Been pondering this during the weekend.

I am not a huge fan of burying things like HBAC and Sudo entities so deep. There is little reason to force a use to search for these things, and so I suspect, over time we will adjust the UI to let them "float" up higher in the navigation structure.

Without reordering things now, I propose we allow for a three level structure in the tab_set. Top level will not be an entity. Second level will be an entity. third level will be a nested entity.

Nested entities are not related in any way to the entity that they are nested under except by convention. Thus, sudocmd and sudocmdgrps may get nested under sudorules, but they could easily be placed as peers. Contrast these with DNS records, that require the the DNS Zone value.

For 3 level deep nesting, we will need a naming scheme to make these work. something like
    #subtab=sudorule&entity=sudocmd

contrast this with

    #entity=sudorule

Thus, the entity value always points to the object, not necessarily at the leaf node of the navigation tree.