On 11/22/2010 12:27 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
Adam Young wrote:
On 11/19/2010 06:53 PM, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
On 11/19/2010 4:09 PM, Adam Young wrote:
This will not work with entities that do not have associated tabs,
e.g. hbacsvc, hbacsvcgroups, sudocmd, sudocmdgroups. For these
entities the IPA.tab_state() will return undefined, so the
ipa_column_widget.setup() will fail.

To reproduce this problem, try clicking the search results in hbacsvc
or hbacsvcgroups. For some reason it will bring you to the user
search page.

We need to figure out the proper way to handle these entities. It
probably requires framework modification.

Been pondering this during the weekend.

I am not a huge fan of burying things like HBAC and Sudo entities so
deep.  There is little reason to force a use to search for these
things, and so I suspect, over time we will adjust the UI to let them
"float" up higher in the navigation structure.

Without reordering things now, I propose we allow for a three level
structure in the tab_set.  Top level will not be an entity.  Second
level will be an entity.  third level will be a nested entity.

Nested entities are not related in any way to the entity that they are
nested under except by convention.  Thus, sudocmd and sudocmdgrps may
get nested under sudorules, but they could easily be placed as peers.
Contrast these with DNS records, that require the  the DNS  Zone value.

For 3 level deep nesting, we will need a naming scheme to make these
work.  something like
     #subtab=sudorule&entity=sudocmd

contrast this with

     #entity=sudorule

Thus, the entity value always points to the object, not necessarily at
the leaf node of the navigation tree.

Do I read you right that instead of using actions menu you want to as
another row of the tabs at the top?
I am not sure I agree with this.

No, I am not suggesting that. I am saying that we use the tree of entities that is used for the tabs to generate the actions on the left nav as well. The look and feel will be the same as now, just the implementation will be changed.